Tuesday, July 18, 2017

This missionary stuff is HARD


Can't believe that I have already been here for a week tomorrow! My companion's name is Sister Rose! And yes this is the same Sister Rose that I knew at Snow College! We have been working so well together with the lessons that we have been teaching. The first day our teacher (Sister Willey) said "Ok guys so this lesson is going to help you with your investigators that you will be teaching tomorrow." EXCUSE ME TOMORROW. Let me remind you that this was our first day. We were all a little shocked but in a good way. I guess that's one way to do it. JUMP HEAD FIRST.


We have 16 people in our district which is apparently really big, and the day we enter the mission field was the biggest day of the year! We were 400 over the limit in the biggest room at the MTC. 

Top Row Left to Right: Elder Larson, Moake, Hermansen, Kessler, Bird, Steadman, Brunson
Second Row: Elder Palepale, Sister Rose, Hansen, Mccann, Hoffman, Elder Blackmore, Gunn, Bringhurst, Johnson

The District Consists of:
Elder Bringhurst & Blackmore (Zone Leaders) Hawaii Honolulu
Elder Brunson & Moake - Indiana Indianapolis
Elder Steadman & Larson - Indiana Indianapolis
Elder Kessler & Palepale - Modesto California
Elder Gunn & Hermansen - Indiana Indianapolis & Modesto California
Elder Johnson & Bird (Elder Johnson is our District Leader)  Hawaii Honolulu
Sister Mccann & Hoffman (STL's) Hawaii Honolulu
Sister Hansen & Rose Modesto California



So our first Investigator's name was Taylor (she was just our teacher acting as Taylor but it felt soooo real). Our lessons started out pretty good with her and it was good to see how Sister Rose and I worked together. But our second lesson was so full of the spirit and Taylor felt it as well. We shared a ton of stuff with her but by the end we were just going off of the spirit and the lesson was bomb. We taught her to pray and asked her to pray for us at the end of the lesson and it was such a beautiful prayer. The spirit was so strong. On the third lesson the next day we committed her to baptism. And again even though it wasn't real, IT FELT SO REAL. Sister Rose and I felt so good after we left that room. 

YESTERDAY WAS SO HARD. I was told that some days you would say to yourself "What have I got myself into" that was yesterday. With all three investigators we just couldn't get the message across that we wanted to and we left feeling discouraged. But we prayed and kept working. This missionary stuff is HARD. But I know that it will be worth it in the end. 


Let me just rant about the MTC choir for a second and a half. WOWOWOWOWOWOW. One practice and it already sounded like that!?? Dang I am so excited to sing for the devotional tomorrow and even for next week So excited about that.

So far the MTC is so wonderful, I have already been called the Volleyball sister so that is an accomplishment. The tours for the MTC has started and there has been so many people already. We aren't aloud to talk to the tourist because we need to stay focused. I love when I get things from Dear Elder so keep it up! I'd love it if you would send pictures... and soap. But mostly soap cause I need that.



More next week!
Keep on Keepin on!
Sister Hansen

p.s. Hopefully I get better at this whole Email thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...