Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Living in a Time Warp


Let me just start out by saying hard days were put into our lives for a reason and they can make us grow to be stronger missionaries. Sister Rose and I were so grateful for a new day. Our TRC's went really well (they didn't start out well buuuttt). We had a women named Raquel that we met with three times and then Hilma who we met with four times. We grew to LOVE both of them but had a really strong relationship with Hilma and we were always so excited to meet with her. At the end of our last lesson with her we committed her to baptism and it filled the room with the spirit and we are so grateful for the opportunity we had to meet with her.

Sister Hardy from my home ward! She is in my ZONE! And her room is right next door to mine.
Our new TRC's for this week are super fun. The first one we had an automatic connection because she is from OAKDALE. Which is like a few miles away from MODESTO! So she told us a little bit about home and we loved hearing about it and she enjoyed talking about it.

My good friend, Elder Wittwer. It's so nice to have a teeny tiny piece of home. 

HAVE I MENTIONED THAT I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR SISTER ROSE??? CAUSE I TOTALLY AM. We get along so well and balance each other out so much. She is so patient with me and my loud, obnoxious self. I testify that companionship's are inspired by God, I truly believe that. On Wednesday we were asked to prepare a lesson for Relief Society on The Creation, The Fall, and Agency. The lesson went better than we expected, especially because we prepared it an hour before the lesson. We appreciate the Spirit stepping in on that one...

Sister Rose being adorable
Sister Rose still being adorable
Exercise time is very important to me and I cherish it. We can't play volleyball anymore because of the tours. They didn't want anyone getting drilled in the face walking through the gym... I don't know I think it's a little dumb but whatever. So I have settled with four square which is SUPER fun. Sister Rose and I are like the only sister that play so it can get a little competitive. But we were playing for a while then some new Elders came and played and were going a little easy and so I smashed it in their square and got them out. All the Elders in the line were like "OOHHHHHHHH" and then someone said "You can't go easy on these Sisters they are too good". We take it pretty seriously.

Mongolian Flag flying right outside my classroom reminds me of my sister every day.
It's amazing how in just a short couple weeks someone can learn and grow so much. I feel the Saviors love at all times in my life. TODAY THE TEMPLE OPENED BACK UP! So as a district we got to go to the temple and the peace and reverence in their was just what I needed. LOVE IT!

Sister Hansen Loves to see the temple


Keep on Keepin on!
Sister Hansen

Elder Ly, THE BEST PIANIST I KNOW
Question from Dad: 
I was surprised to hear that most of your district is NOT going to Modesto. Do you get much interaction with the others going to Modesto that are not in your district? How do you feel about being separated?

Answer:
Sister Rose and I talk about being separated from the district [ current group that are not all going to Modesto] like every day, WE ARE NOT EXCITED. We have all grown so much and our friendships are so strong. But hopefully we will all be able to keep in touch while we are separated around the world.
Also, look what they have at the MTC!

Email Allison: anhansen@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...