Tuesday, August 1, 2017

1ST DAY: THE SPIRIT WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

Well I am in the field as of today! I am soooo tired, this morning we woke up at 3:00 in the morning... NOT FUN. It's hard to stay focused on all the orientations when my eyes are pulling themselves closed. But I can honestly say there is no where else I would rather be. Flying in and looking over the valley, I had so much peace come over me and it felt so nice to have a feeling of confirmation.

At the airport. Photo compliments of Sister Rose's dad who happened to be at the airport and ran into them!
Sister Rose, Elder Kessler, Elder Palepal, Sister Hansen, Elder Heramsen

On the flight here I sat next to this super nice lady, her name was "E". On the other side of her was an Elder going to my mission but Spanish speaking. He started the conversation with her right away, like even before we took off. He started out with a question, then right to "Do you believe in God" I was shocked. She explained that she was Christened as a child then baptized in the Southern Baptist church when she was older. She just kept asking questions and this other Elder doesn't speak very good English and just kept saying random stuff. We started lifting off and he got really excited and just gazed out the window like an insect going into light. She resolved to me and we had a really nice discussion about her life and what she believed in, and she asked a TON of question (Which was really nice).

Sister Hansen and Sister Hansen get to meet for an hour at the MTC!! Tender Mercies!



She asked me a question that was NEVER asked to us in the MTC, and that was, "What role does your religion play in this world?" CAN I JUST SAY THAT THE SPIRIT WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS? Earlier my Protein shake spilled in my bag and so I was holding my PMG, B.O.M, pamphlets, and my journal... on my lap... like a little bible girl (that's kinda what I am for the next year and a half). I pulled out my Scriptures and read to her, 2 Nephi 31:21 and explained to her the Book of Mormon. It went really well and it wasn't stressing me out at all! She asked me some questions that I thought people just joked about, like I thought everyone knew that. Like she asked if we have arranged marriage. I was a little surprised. We ended exchanging emails and the Elder gave her a pass along card. What a way to jump right in, I'd say!

Jennifer, Elder Wittwer, Allison
So far so good, tomorrow they are having us go to the city Modesto and just approach people and talk to them... PRETTY NERVOUS FOR THAT but whatever. I'll send pictures next week!


Love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...