Monday, July 30, 2018

Changes, Adjustments and IT'S SO HOT!

Well everyone, it is the email that you have all been waiting for! TRULY WELCOME TO THE FRESNO MISSION. For real this time. Sister Minaker is a full blown Fresno Missionary, she has been out since February (which is how long I have been in Modesto... just BTW). She knows the rules and procedures and the Fresno way, so now I don't have to question it or live in the dark. Here are some changes...
• No worldly references, including: movie quotes and song lyrics. (THERE GOES 78% OF MY VOCABULARY)
• Dinner @ 5:00
• Sisters are "taken care of". Meaning Sister Minaker does not own a bike, and we are driving. Sort of don't mind because it was 104-108 this week. But most of the time do mind because I am not biking!
• Sleepovers with other sisters is allowed...
• Thanksgiving is our "day off" vs. Modesto it was a day of tracting.
• We get to watch a Disney movie on Christmas! (Also a day of tracting in Modesto)
• Schedule adjustments
• Music adjustments
• Other adjustments...

It's just a little HOT HERE!

Some people ask... "how is it going?" The only answer I can give, which is 100% the truth, is that it is just going to take time to adjust. Sure I have had other transfers, companions, areas, District Leaders, Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, etc. But I have not had a new Mission President that does things very differently. Not that it is wrong, just NEW! I can't just change right off the bat. It will take time to adjust. The whole zone has changed, everyone has a new companion. Which is fun to get to know people. I think all the "Modesto missionaries" are all on the same page with the change.

My feet after working in the garden in 108 degrees

Ok enough about change and adjustment, let's talk about the week! So Tuesday we drove down to Fresno for Transfers, to drop off Sister Petersen and to pick up Sister Minaker (pronounced mine-ik-er). On the way down I seriously had butterflies in my stomach and a couple of tears in my eyes because I was so excited to see the temple. We pulled around the corner and all I saw was angel Moroni. I got so excited I just wanted to get out of the car and run to the temple. Although we did not go inside I still felt the peace that the grounds brought to the area.




Let me tell you a little bit about Sister Minaker! She is from Alberta Canada and she says wash room (bathroom) and beyg (bag). She is an extremely hard worker and is freakishly good with names. Twill be a good transfer full of learning.



Although it has been a tougher week WITH all of these changes, the Lord has not stopped hastening the work around us and providing miracles to help our faith continue to grow. One night in particular we chose an area and watched the map to track all the members. During this 2 hour block of doing so we saw... 2 active member families, 2 Less active individuals and accidentally knocked on a "DO NOT CONTACT" (not a good experience). One of the less active members was very sweet and told us she hadn't been to church in four years and that she "doesn't really do that anymore". Well we continued to talk with her and she told us we were welcomed back. You better believe we are going to go back.


Matching dresses with this cutie!
On the walk back to the car there were two men standing outside their garage. (P.S. a lot of garages in Modesto are turned into man caves and that was one of those cases). We ended up talking to these men for about an hour and covered a couple principles in each lesson. We talked about who Jesus was and what his purpose is, how to live a better life, faith and action, and we even snuck in some Word of Wisdom! They were so cool, and as we were leaving they said we have two sisters in Assyria and now we have four sisters all together. It was so cool to see completely different cultures come together. GOD IS REAL, and he is aware of us.

I may have some VERY big new next week so I am just going to let y'all dwell on that. I continue to pray for you, and hope all is well in Zion. I KNOW IT IS LATE BUT  HAPPY PIONEER DAY!

Love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...