Monday, August 6, 2018

Road Trip!

I was thrown into the flame this week. We had interviews with President Mackay here in Modesto! I was actually really excited about this because I don't know him. After I came out of my interview, Sister Minaker and Sister Mackay were talking and I walk over and they are talking about lunch and when we should do that. Well she offered her home to us for that night so we didn't have to drive to Fresno in the morning! So that was an answer to a prayer almost instantly. So that night we talked to some other Sisters that also needed to go to Fresno so we (Sisters Malmstrom (DHS), Agler (one of my favorites), Sister Minaker, and Sister Walker) all headed down to Fresno to have a giant sleepover at  the Mackays. I was so excited to go on a road trip with some of my Modesto Sisters and then hangout a little with the Mackays! It was a long drive down, and it was FUN! Sister Agler was driving and I was in the front and it has been a long time since I have laughed that hard. I was crying and my abs hurt (best kind of laugh attacks). When we arrive at the house, all of the Modesto Missionaries had their jaws practically on the floor. The house was SO nice! Like insane! Then WE WALKED INSIDE... It was breathtaking. So amazing.

Road trip!



The reason we went down to Fresno was because we had  MLC (Missionary Leadership Council). So all of the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders in the whole mission came down and met up so we could council together of how to further the mission. We talked a lot about the Daily Schedule and other things that people are having a hard time adjusting too. I was surprised to hear that there was actually a lot of back and forth between people and more people than not I think are struggling with the transition. I make it a point to try my hardest to talk to the Fresno missionaries in our zone. Help them feel welcomed into Modesto.




Still trying to figure out this whole Sister Training Leader thing... I can honestly say I don't know why I am in this position but I know God does so I am just going to keep pressing forward.




I love this work, I love Jesus Christ, He is my friend. I love the Book of Mormon and I know it brings peace into my life and so many others lives. This Gospel is REAL there is not a shadow of a doubt in my mind. Please find your burning passion if you have not already. God is aware of you and all his children.

LOVE YOU ALL!
Sister Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...