Monday, October 15, 2018

We went to the ZOO!! AND...I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!!

Well everybody, I am staying in the Clovis and Cedarwood wards! Which is totally awesome because we've got something good going. Another cool thing is that the Elders that we are sharing the ward with are not leaving either! Lately we have been teaming up and all ambushing people. We knock on their door together and when they welcome us in we just all talk and get to know them, then work together on giving a message. We all get to back each other up and give our own insights on the Gospel. SO they aren't breaking up the team. I'm telling you the four of us have been seeing miracles. The Elders don't teach the Investigators in the ward, that is just our responsibility, they are primarily responsible for the Less Active Melchezidek Priesthood rescue but we are technically over everything so we can team up like we have been doing.


This week we were able to experience a miracle. But first here is a little background information. The Cedarwood ward participated in a 40 day fast for missionary work. (I believed I shared this in a past email) anyway, it has been paying off.



This last week we received a referral from a man in Utah. The description was that she needed a blessing and the basics. We called her up and she was so excited to meet with us. We made some calls for people to give blessings and figured out that the time we made the appointment was the time the Elders Quorum would be having a meeting. So we just walked back there (they knew in advance) and brought them to the front of the church to give her a blessing.


Everyone needs to read the Book of Mormon!

Her name is "K". She is so prepared. Honestly she came with questions, she has been reading the Book of Mormon, and she realizes that all the bad in her life is because God needed her to find "Something". Well obviously the Gospel of Jesus Christ is that "something" that she is looking for. We were able to make another appointment and we taught the Restoration. Again, she is so prepared and she has already seen blessings that come from the blessing she received and the Gospel. At the end of the lesson we extended the baptismal invitation, "K", if you were to find that these things are true, which they are, would you be baptized?" "Yes, absolutely". There is something about even extending that invitation. There is power in baptism, we all know this. It is a gift from God and I am grateful again that I was "Established in righteousness". 


Love my Sisters!

On Sunday night I was able to get a message on Facebook from a wonderful member I love from Tracy. (Mom and Dad you talked to her about Italian Family History). She told me that her husband "G" is getting baptized this week! I almost fell off my chair!! Although we didn't get to teach him the lessons, we did get to friendship him into liking the missionaries again. First time we met, he barely even spoke to us. Then I figured out they were huge Beatles fans. SCORE! I was able to soften them up a little bit because "All you need is love". Am I right?? He started participating in our messages that we shared with his wife and he even came to a baptism. AND my good friends Elder Payne and Elder Mutchie were able to pick up where we left off and boldly invited him to be baptized after teaching him about the importance of the Gospel, when Sister Bustos and I got transfered. Now he will be entering into the waters of baptism, THIS SATURDAY! Sadly I can't go because it is out of mission boundaries but its ok.

I LOVE THIS GOSPEL!

Love,
Sister Hansen

ps. We got to go to the Zoo today with a lot of Sisters from the Modesto part that I have served with!! It was so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...