Monday, October 8, 2018

Thankful for the Prophet

How do I even begin this letter. Let's start with this morning. I woke up totally and completely exhausted. I came to the conclusion that I was spiritually exhausted and I could barely get myself out of bed. I realized that this week and weekend has been a lot of spiritual things, and my brain and body just had to rest. Instead of resting we got going.

At Wal-mart we ran into a member who was exhausted too and we talked about the "Post General Conference Depression". I really do think it is a real thing, we look forward to it for so long, and then it just comes and goes so quick.

Our General Conference group at the "Mansion"
Both Saturday and Sunday we were able to find miracles between sessions. For example: Saturday we decided to try stopping by a next door neighbor of a less active that we have been working with who suggested that we stopped by. We knocked on the door and she began to aggressively tell us what we believe, (such as not celebrating Christmas, and not allowing babies to have blood transfusions...) then realizing she had it all wrong, my sweet companion Sister Houghton proclaimed "I love Christmas!" Then me acting very naive said "Wait what is a blood transfusion." At this point she was very confused. Her body language changed as we described what we do believe and she opened the door as we told her that we celebrate holidays. To make a long story short (honestly long, this lady can TALK) she invited us back so we can help each other study the bible. We told her about the Old and New Testament stories and she was so excited.



General Conference was obviously amazing, and the music was so touching. So to say the least I am very overwhelmed with happiness today. Thankful for the Prophet and his wonderful words and guidance. There is so much to take in. I know that you probably want more but maybe I will get sneak peaks for you as we go through this transfer.


GIVE EM HEAVEN!
Love,
Sister Hansen


ps. This Saturday we find out if we are transferring.
pps. This will probably be my last transfer call. Because I am awkwardly leaving in the middle of a transfer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...