Monday, October 1, 2018

BAPTISM!!

This week's Highlights!

Zone Activity: Monday we had a Zone Activity at what the missionaries call the Wilcox Mansion. This place is HUGE. It has 2 outdoor kitchens and BBQs, extended Gorgeous porch and connecting balcony, Tv's out on the porch(s) and behind the outdoor kitchen in the middle of the yard. A pool complete with a slide that goes through a rock formation. Sand volleyball court, mini golf, and twinkle lights around the yard. This is just outside. Sunday our Zone is going there for Conference and we have heard they have an amazing Home Theater. And we have been encouraged to invite our friends (we aren't allowed to call them investigators now). So I am pumped to say the least.



Horses at the Smiths: We pull up to the house and the daughter comes out and says, alright let me go take you to see the horses (she is our age). I was thinking to myself... hmm I am gonna like it here. We just go hangout in the corral with her 5 horses, brush them down a bit, and just have a peaceful conversation. We went inside to have a discussion with her non-member mother about service and Charity. It was just all together a nice visit.

Zone Conference: Dang. Fresno does their Zone Conferences different. In the Modesto mission we sat with out District and Zone organized and quiet (Well, we were supposed to be) in the chapel until it was time to start. Fresno we have like three sessions. The first session we start in the gym. It's set up like a classroom/lecture hall. We all have tables and we take notes. I actually really like that, it feels a little more casual. We have training's and are encouraged to participate. We split into Spanish and English groups for the second session. Then we have lunch.

After lunch we sing to the people who prepared the good food for us, then head into the chapel. In the chapel Sister Mackay addresses us and is followed by a training by President Mackay. THEN this is the crazy part... the departing missionaries give their testimonies. (WHHHHAAAAATTTT?) That is crazy because in the Modesto mission we were encouraged not to tell anyone how long we have been out, and now it is broadcasted. After they address us we all line up outside the doors of the chapel in tunnel formation and the departing missionaries run through and we all scream and give them High fives. Very different.

At the end of it all we were grabbing our stuff and President Mackay came up and asked "are we as strange as they said we were?" Sweet little Sister Houghton said "Nooo!" Then he looks at me and I say "Absolutely." He laughs and then says "I can always count on you to be honest". Which is true. Whenever he asks me a question I will give him a straight answer. I've been like that with all of my leaders lately. I don't sugar coat anything. It's better to give it to them straight so they know exactly where you stand!


Shots: Sad part about Zone Conference was that we got flu shots. Not excited, but hey, when she gave me the shot I didn't even flinch. So I am very proud.



High Fitness: Alright, I don't know if you have heard of this before, but it is like Zumba but on FIRE. I obviously haven't worked out like that in a WHILE. I can honestly say that I think that might have been the most sore I have ever been. I am still effected. I can feel just the slightest decrease in sidewalks and panic to try to not make my legs fall off.


Modesto!: Yes everyone, I was able to go back up to Modesto for N.S.'s baptism! It was such an amazing experience! I wasn't super familiar with a lot of people in the ward here in Fresno, so I wasn't super comfortable asking someone to drive me 2 hours up to Modesto and back. So I reached out to Tiffany Schwebach, who recently moved to Fresno from my ward in Kaysville. Luckily she wasn't doing anything that Saturday so she and I and three of her children road tripped up to Modesto! THANK YOU TIFFANY!

Wonderful Sister Tiffany Schwebach and her kids who were so nice to spend their Saturday with me!

Walking into that building felt so good. The baptism itself was awesome and I am so privileged to have been able to take part in his teaching. He is a smart boy. I loved being able to see everyone. The Rowe's, Wheeler's, May's, Sister Petersen, Emily Adams, Wilsons, etc. It was so good for me, to say the least.

With "N" at his baptism!

Love this kid!

This week has been so amazing. I can't believe I had to flip my calendar. Time really does fly... WOW.

Love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...