Monday, September 24, 2018

Talk about MIRACLES!!

Let me tell ya about this week. Talk about Miracles.
First of all Monday we were able to play volleyball (I think I may have mentioned this last week). It was amazing to hit and play and just have fun.

Lovin' me some volleyball!

Tuesday: EXCHANGES!
I was with Sister Hicks in her area. It was so awesome. Honestly this exchange was completely drenched and lead by the spirit. We started with trying to find this less active member. Turns out the house doesn't even exist. As we were walking around like lost kittens we saw this man in a garage. Not just any garage, but the kind of garage that doesn't have a home attached to it. Like an RV garage or something. We decided to talk to this man. His name was "P". He was so nice. We were able to share scriptures, our testimonies, and it was just an awesome spiritual experience. We were guided to a home that didn't exist, and were lead to "P". We got his number and address. Hopefully the missionaries in the area will follow up.

Sister Houghton, Sister Hicks, Sister Pearson and me
Later that afternoon, we were working in an area. It was quite dead, to say the least. As we were leaving (In the car) Sister Hicks said quickly "You know what, I don't think our work here is done". I pulled over and we got out of the car. There was a man that we saw, but as we were walking up, he went inside (don't worry, he didn't see us). We decided to knock on the door. This was a blessed experience. This man that came out told us that he was a convert from when he was about 16 years old and that he just "fell away". He seemed extremely interested in coming back. We offered to come back and bring his family a "Living Christ" document. He was so interested. He has potential. Truly a miracle.



SAME DAY: After Dinner we didn't have anything planned. We decided to put it into the Lord's hands. We said a prayer to help guide us to where we were needed. I felt uncomfortable speaking up because I didn't know anything about the area or the people in it. But I was being pressured by the spirit to speak. The Lord blessed me and placed a LETTER in my brain. I told Sister Hicks that I was thinking of someone with the name that started with a "C" or a "K". Sister Hicks replied with "Oh, I was thinking of someone with a "K"". We went to Sister "K's" home. As we entered into her home we soon realized that that was exactly where we needed to be. She broke down in tears and shared some information with us. She had a really hard day and we were able to bring her comfort. Sister Hick's really connected with her. We left her with Doctrine and Covenants 122:7 and promised her things will get better . It was such an amazing exchange.

I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!

Since I don't have a lot of time (WE HAVE A ZONE ACTIVITY), I will write about our Miracles from Sunday. The Cedarwood ward has been doing a 40 day fast. Everyday someone signs up to fast for the missionary work. This last Sunday the youth fasted for us. All the missionaries (Elder Longman, Elder Washington, and Sister Houghton and I) all spoke in church about different aspects of missionary work. It was a very powerful meeting. The musical number was all of the returned missionaries singing "Called to Serve". The second verse was sang in their mission language. IT WAS SO COOL. After church the youth had a "Break the Fast" that we were able to go to. I kid you not, as we were walking out of the dinner a man walked by and we talked to him (all 4 of us). Here is my journal Entree from this week...

Wow. Talk about a miracle... today the youth participated in the 40 day fast for missionary work. Our dinner appointment was with them to break the fast. Us and the Elders were able to share our testimonies on missionary work, and I kid you not, as we all walked outside a man was walking by and we were able to talk to him. His name was "B". He mentioned that "faith wouldn't really work for him". Elder Longman told him that if he had the desire then the faith would grow. We read the last two paragraphs of the Introduction and he said he will have to read it. We also invited him to the Primary Program for this next Sunday. He said he would probably come! It was amazing that the Lord blessed the fast almost immediately.

LOVE YOU ALL!
Have an amazing week!
Sister Hansen


No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...