Monday, September 17, 2018

What is the Lord's will for me?

Today we had a multi zone sports day, so I totally took advantage of that and now there is not a ton of time left! SORRY! But here is a quick rundown of this week...

MONDAY: After Preparation day we were able to go to "The Lord's Vineyard" and roll the grapes. I will say that after that night my knee's had bruises the size of a fist, for about 3 days. SO FUN THOUGH. It was an amazing experience to work until dusk and watch the sunset in the horizon. AHH. Good ole Fresno California.

Bruises from "rolling the grapes"
TUESDAY: We had some straight miracles, being able to get in contact and have spiritual thoughts with some LAMP's (Less Active Melchizedek Priesthood). It is sometimes nice being new because you don't know people so you can treat them like they are active. That is exactly what I did. Not even on purpose. Sure Sister Houghton told me who they were, but by the time we got into their house and got to know them and started sharing a message, I forgot that they were not active. Anyway, built some foundation with some of the members in the ward. IT WAS AWESOME. Just an FYI: If you make friends with their dog, then you make friends with them. Just a little Sister Hansen tip of the day.

My new companion Sister Houghton, and me!

WEDNESDAY: We had a dinner appointment that seriously was one of my favorite days of this transfer. The couple went into the kitchen to prepare dessert and Sister Houghton and I straight had a complete laugh attack. It. felt. so. good. Just like my good ole sister. And get this her name is Jennifer. So it is seriously Jennifer and  Allison right now. LOVE.




THURSDAY: Zone Training. We were challenged to find our "New Missionary Fire" again and it hit me like a ton of bricks. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! Whatever it takes. "Aim High, Time Flies". At our dinner appointment I was able to be a witness of true love. The wife was talking about true friends and while talking about her husband she said "He makes me want to be a better person, and I hope it is the same for him". While she was talking, her husband was just looking at her with pure love, pretty much with tears in his eyes. It was so cute. Also we are teaching this man named MJ and he 100% looks like he could be a Bee Gee.


SATURDAY: Guess what everyone? I ran. Sister Houghton is a beast and she runs every morning and does stadiums. I walk the track. (We live across the street from a school). But the other morning I RAN, AND DID STADIUMS. I was super excited for myself. Maybe I will keep it up, maybe not. We will see. Along with the school being across the street, they have football games. Saturday morning there was football games going all day and LOW KEY LOVED IT. Music, cheering, loved it. Call me the worst missionary ever. I call it a tender mercy.


Picture from last weeks service project.

Random Things that happened this week!
Sister Houghton constantly talks in accents and it is hilarious. She can pretty much quote the whole movie of Phantom of the Opera. IT'S AMAZING.
So many people in these wards think that I have an accent. So that's weird.

Quotes:
Someone spoke in church and mentioned that while they were at a restaurant there was a religious group discussing what a covenant was. They were struggling trying to discuss that. The speaker said "Good heavens! I could bring a 10 year old from primary to come and explain this in a couple minutes!" It was so funny.
"You may not be able to go through the temple, but let the temple go through you."

In closing,
Comes from Institute Manual: Mark 5:25-34
"All of us are among the crowds of this world. Almost all of us are like the woman who, despite the crowd, comes to the Savior. We all have faith that just a touch will bring healing to our aching souls and relief to our innermost needs.
“ … In all of life’s circumstances let us quietly and resolutely press forward to the Savior, having faith that He cares about us and has the power to heal and save us"

Reflecting on the story of the Woman healed from her issue of blood, the thought of urgency came into mind. Are we in the "crowd of the world" with Christ? Or are we coming to the Savior to be healed? We encourage you all to reflect on the things you can do to strengthen your faith. The Lord needs us all to step in, stand a little taller, and reach a little further to save, or bring back, our brothers and sisters.

Love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...