Monday, September 10, 2018

New Missionaries!

What. A. Week.
Went from the nicest apartments to one of the sketchiest apartments. Honestly it is pretty sketch. The inside is pretty nasty. Today I decided to clean out one of the closets and found so much stuff. Clothes, socks, blankets, pillows, materials, and SO MANY Ensigns. It made my conscience feel so much better. A clean apartment is a happy apartment.

My new companion, Sister Houghton, is from Shelley, Idaho. She was originally in the Modesto Mission as well. We are having so much fun. We laugh a lot, but the work continues to push forward.

There are a lot of things I could say but I really don't know what to say. I was surprised to figure out that we are sharing a ward with Elders. I had my first meal at members with the Elders. It was super weird and I felt so wrong about it, but it is alright. HAHAHA my life is a joke.

OHHHH MY GOODNESS, I FORGOT ABOUT A SUPER IMPORTANT PART OF THE WEEK!!! Sister Houghton and I were ABSOLUTELY privileged to be asked to pick up the new missionaries coming into the mission. We were told to spend time with them and be there with the Assistants and President and Sister Mackay. 9 Elders and 4 Sisters came in and it was amazing. It was so cool to be able to see their fire and it was honestly like a slap in the face. I loved being able to be a part of this. That night we slept at Presidents house and two of the sister came in and just talked to us for a while and it was just so cool to be some of the first faces that missionaries saw. The church is true.

Just know that I am so happy and I feel so much better. I am glad I am actually a part of the Fresno mission now. Ahh

Thank you for the prayers.

Love,
Sister Hansen


PARENTS NOTE:  Sister Hansen and this cute gal from Modesto hit it off from the start and became fast friends. She is leaving on her mission to the Brazil, Manaus (in the Amazon!) mission in October. We were lucky enough to meet her when she came by to visit (and to drop off some boxes for Allison) while she was in Utah. What a darling girl! We wish her the best and look forward to seeing her again when she returns home.









No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...