Monday, August 21, 2017

First Zone Conference

Holy cow TIME FLIES WHEN YOU ARE ON A MISSION! I cannot believe it's preparation day again.

Two UNIFIED sisters
Well Tuesday night we taught the Plan of Salvation to our investigators and it went really well. They really do ask so many questions which is super nice. But overall it was a good lesson. I am still like super nervous to teach the lessons. But I have to remember that I know this stuff and I can't just be all panicked! So that night for dinner we went up to Fowler Hill. Which is that place at the top of this super long dirt road. (that little puppy was one of their 7 dogs) and the next day we had Zone Conference so we knew that the car would be inspected. So after we got home at about 9:45 (already late) we had to wash the car, I was so bitter about it, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

Our lime green kitchen. MOM: Does it give you a head ache? ME: nah, you get used to it!

MY FIRST ZONE CONFERENCE! I was actually super excited about this because I knew I was going to be seeing some of my MTC pals and some people that went to Davis that Sister Val knew was in our zone. Conference was in Stockton which I've heard it's a pretty scrappy place but I didn't mind it! We walked into the chapel and first thing I see is Elder Palepale's afro hair... I was SO excited to see my little MTC brother there. He told me that a little boy came up to him the other day and just said "Elder Palepale, I want you to baptize me" and so he did! Super Exciting! Then Elder Kessler walked in and we both got excited. He hasn't changed a bit, still Elder Kessler. Then I saw Elder Mutchie (an old friend from school). He came up to me and shook my hand and was like "NOOO WAAAYYYY". It was pretty funny because he obviously didn't know that I got my call to Modesto and probably didn't even know I was going on a mission. So that was exciting!

District goofing off

My friend, Elder Mutchie. We know each other from High School!

After Zone Conference we actually had exchanges with the Sister Training leaders. That was a good experience except I was SUPER overwhelmed because it was a new companion, new area, and we were just expected to go teach new people. It was different but it went well. My companion for the next 24 hours was Sister Bell. She is from Bountiful! Super cute girl. She was an awesome teacher, and a great example. The next morning when we had personal study, I said one of the most sincere prayers I have ever said just blessing my family and I got SOOO emotional. I literally went to the bathroom and had a "I miss everyone" meltdown and then pulled myself together again and went and studied. It was crazy. You could say that I was a little homesick, just a little. But then I was fine. For exchanges we went to Delta. It is a community college in... Stockton... I think. I haven't street contacted since my first day in the field in Modesto so I was NEEEERRRVOOOUUSS. But again Sister Bell was such a good example and it wasn't TOO bad. We actually got a potential investigator while we were talking to him and we invited him to church and he said he would be there (when I say we I mostly mean she). Super cool experience. Overall exchanges weren't too bad. (Except for the beds we had to sleep on :(...)

With Sister Training Leaders 

Soooo lately for a message with people Sister Val and I have been singing hymns to them! It is so nice to be able to share that with people. One lady said to us after we finished "it was hard for me to listen to the lyrics or feel the spirit because I was just so over joyed to be listening to that!" It was so funny. OH AND THEN WE HAD DINNER AT THE HARMONS THE NEXT NIGHT. We had a disney/broadway sing along and me and this beehive in the ward sang For Good from wicked and she KILLED it. It was so much fun!

In honor of Aunt Laura
We got to visit Sister Wittmer again, we were so excited to go see her! We walked in the home and she ran to us crying and told her husband to leave as she was hugging us. Her breathing was very irregular, but the longer we hugged her the more she calmed down. She exclaimed to us that she REALLY needed some girl time, so we just talked with her and ate strawberries, bananas, and nutella. She is seriously the funniest most wonderful lady that is SOO full of the spirit. All of her hair fell out this last week so she was wearing a bandana and then she showed us all of her bandanas and scarfs that she wears around her head and taught us how to tie them. She then gave each of us a scarf to have. Such a sweet lady, so we put them on and had a photo shoot! It was a lot of fun! I honestly just eat up everything she says.

Me, Sister Wittmer, Sister Valgardson
Sunday night we had dinner at the Cramers, (Mom you got a fun message right?) They were so much fun! They reminded me a lot of my family, always teasing each other and finding ways to have fun.Then she pulled out her SNAKE. I don't like snakes... at all. But I held it cause #Yolo and it wasn't even a very big one. It totally wasn't even bad, I am totally brave. But then I walked in front of its face and got the shivers down my back. BUT HEY I HELD IT. I'M BRAVE OK!

This is Rex and I am SOOOOO brave!
Overall It was a very fun week and we took lot's of pictures, SO ENJOY!


Have an amazing week!
Love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...