Monday, September 11, 2017

BE YOURSELF

I have officially been out for a whole transfer. I can't believe it. This email probably isn't going to be super long because the week seriously consisted of service. A LOT of it.

But it has been an amazing week. Full of the spirit and amazing people. I have realized that every single experience in my whole life has led me and prepared me to my mission today. Even my nic-name has helped me connect with people. I am so happy to share my corky personality with others. One piece of advice that I got multiple times before I left on my mission is "Be Yourself" and I LIVE off of this advice. It is seriously the only way you are able to connect with people.

Note from parents: Allison's dad always called her Boo Boo when she was little. I (mom) got a text with this picture late Saturday night that said, "We have a Boo Boo too!" So here are two Boo Boo's!

I GOT TO PLAY VOLLEYBALL. Seriously felt so good and it has led to less active members participating in church activities! Again learning how to play volleyball has blessed other peoples life. At the end of Volleyball someone said "We didn't know we were playing with a professional volleyball player and a professional dancer!" I WAS SERIOUSLY HONORED.

Some of Boo Boo's family. They have 12 kids and their house reminds me of Grandma Hansen's. I LOVE IT UP THERE!

While out tracting we ran into missionaries from another religion also knocking on doors and wanted to talk to us. He showed us a video about Christ (or so he said) it was more like a video of happiness... then gave us pamphlets. Then it was our turn. We gave him a #princeofpeace card and bore him a quick testimony. Cool experience, but I don't think he is gonna be watching that video... We knocked a lot of doors that day and it was pretty hot outside, but again NO EFFORT IS WASTED! (Alma 29:14-15)

 I LOVE my district!

Transfer calls were yesterday and we are both staying in Ione! I am so very grateful! One of our less active members said that she would go to church if we both stayed here. So this morning she texted us and said "so?" and we said back "start picking out your outfit, you are coming to church with us!" So that is a blessing.



I love it here in Ione and there is much work to be done. But I encourage all those who are reading this to continue your own missionary work where you are. It is so very important that as members of the church, even if we do not have an official missionary tag, we understand our role. That is to spread the word to all those who are willing to listen and to fellowship those who don't want to listen (for now). If you don't have an official name tag then write it on your heart. I love you all and I pray for you. This is my challenge to you this week as well as study Hymn number 134, which is 'I Believe in Christ'.


LOVE YOU ALL AND HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
Love,
Sister Allison Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...