Monday, October 9, 2017

Amador Rocks

Dang this week has been so dang good. My insides are shaking because I am just so happy and I just want to laugh.


MTC District

Wednesday we had New Missionary meeting and we got to see the MTC group again! That was super nice. A couple of the boys are having a hard time but I think they are mostly faking. They seem really happy. The missionary meeting was really nice. There are so many new missionaries that came in! Like 22. It was super nice to see everyone in one place. I always love Zone conferences, interviews or other meetings because seeing a lot of missionaries in one place is one of my favorite things.



I have so much to say but I don't know how to say it. We have done a lot and talked to quite a few people. This door that we knocked on this guy opened the door that was obviously drunk. He had an alcoholic drink in his hand while we were talking to him. It was a referral from a guy in our ward that had given him a Book of Mormon. We asked him if that was something he would be interested in learning more about but  he went on about how much he loves this guy that gave us his name. It was really funny and it made both of our days.

So in Amador County they have this thing called "Amador Rocks" and what it is, is you paint rocks and then hide them and other people find them and post about it. So the other day at Hawkins we painted some rocks. AND I HAD SO MUCH FUN. We painted some with scriptures on them and on the rest we are going to put LDS.org. So it was kinda a missionary opportunity!



The other day I read an article in the Ensign "Finding Help After Nancy's Death" that I seriously fell in love with. But one thing that really touched my heart was his council to his kids...
-Let the pain of hard experiences drive you towards greater discipleship
-Pour out your heart in prayer
-If you feel anger toward God for allowing tragedies to happen, beseech Him to replace that anger with faith and submission
-Covenant that you will love Him and be faithful to the end.
-Drink from the word of God constantly-from the scriptures and talks and writings of modern prophets and inspired teachers
-Go to the temple with a hunger to be taught the things of eternity
-Find people for whom a personal crisis is becoming a crisis of faith, and strengthen them with your testimony of the doctrines

Sister Rose and I

I love this so much. Not only does this council help with losing a loved one but in any circumstance. His question was "What did I need to do in order to activate Jesus Christ's healing power in my life?" Once he heard the council of a modern day prophet he said "I marveled that a concept I had understood since childhood could suddenly seem so remarkable" The council was simply said by Elder Scott after his wife had died "First of all... I didn't lose her. She is on the other side of the veil. We've been sealed in that holy ordinance of the temple, and we'll be together forever." I love this article. It has so much truth and I challenge you all to read it.


I hope you have an amazing week! LOve you all!


Love Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...