Monday, October 23, 2017

I can literally FEEL my brain changing gears

I know that this might sound crazy, but my, this week has been VERY emotional for me. Not because I am sad but because I have felt the spirit so strongly. My brain and thoughts have taken a toll on me this week. Every single night I have just been EXHAUSTED to the point where I can't even keep my eyes open. So much has been going through my head and most of it has to do with my brain finally adjusting to missionary life. Instead of thinking about sports and music and other things, I have been thinking about lessons, what I am going to study next, people, etc. Although I will have an occasional thought or song go through my head that is not, I am FINALLY adjusting.

We found this Flag in a cold-a-sac

Skipping way ahead to Saturday night at the adult session of Stake Conference. Members of our ward gave us a ride down to conference. We got there at a weird time... before the back curtain had opened and the chapel was practically full except for the first two rows, so we picked the second row! The talks were SO good and they really hit home for me. One talk in particular that touched my heart was Elder Gary Wilde, of the seventy! He spoke about a lot of different things but one section really got me. He had all the Full time missionaries stand. We were on the second row so we stood up awkwardly and then looked around. We didn't know that THAT many missionaries were there. There were probably 10 other sets of missionaries that stood behind us. It was AMAZING, and made me realize that, YES missions are hard, YES it will keep being hard, YES you will get frustrated, and YES things will get better, and YES other missionaries all around the world are doing the same thing, and YES Heavenly Father has angels all around us that we may not be able to see or recognize until we stand for what we know. It was a really great eye opener for me.

Elder Wilde goes on and says to everyone that these are young people that have been called here for you, to meet YOU, so take care of them, support them, and so on. But it was really powerful.

Well the next morning we had a missionary meeting as well with our Ward mission leader and assistant ward mission leader and the bishop and the ward missionaries. We got a ride down with a  new move in family who has been called as the Assistant ward mission leader. WE LOVE HIM/THEM SO MUCH. Anyway the meeting was really good and both us and the leaders learned and took a lot out of it. Well next was Stake Conference and we asked our friend who we've been working with, if we should save him a seat and he said yes. Well this guy stunned us, walking in late IN A SUIT! He usually wears jean and a flannel but he showed up in a DANG SUIT! We are so proud of him.

 People here take Halloween SOOOOOO seriously. Like insanely seriously.
This is a members house and they made this Jack Skelington!

That night we were able to visit with a old little lady that watches old men with disabilities like autism and such. We visited with her and her son and daughter were there as well and they were AWESOME! At the end of our visits she always asks us to sing for her. We sang "Beautiful Savior" and it went really well. One of her autistic boys said to us that the song was sad. This sister explained to him that it wasn't sad and that Heavenly Father was speaking to him. He stood up and gave her a hug. It truly is amazing how the spirit can talk to every single person on this earth if you are just listening!

Tonight we are doing a Family Night lesson for a family. They have 5 little kids and we are doing a activity with the liahona. Guiding them around the neighborhood then ending back at their house where their parents will be waiting with open arms. WE ARE SO EXCITED!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Doctrine and Covenants 84:88 "And whoso receiveth you, there I will be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up."

This scripture has popped up by other people saying it and just finding it written on things A LOT this past week, so apparently I need to learn something from it!


LOVE YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH!
Sister Hansen


Q&A:

MOM: How are you liking getting up at 6:30?
ALLISON: 6:30 is ok, it could be worse...

M: What are you doing for exercise?
A: We go to the church to exercise in the morning and I usually do cruntches, push ups, then volleyball drills... serving, hitting against the wall. Sometimes I will bring the soccer ball that was given to me and do soccer drills, toe taps, roll overs, and kick the crap out of it against the wall.

M: How long is your personal study? Companionship study?
A: Personal Study is one of my favorite times of the day. Learning a lot and learning to love to learn even more. Companion study is great! I love listening to Sister Val because her studies are so good.

M: What time do you have to be out of the house?
A: We have to be out of the house by 10:00 a.m.

M: How often do you get to Modesto?
A: We hardly ever go to Modesto. Maybe once a transfer.

M: How's the bike working?
A: The bike is working great, no flat tires or anything serious!

M: Are you ready to step out of "trainee" mode?
A: Being done with training feels unreal. I don't feel like I am ready to step out yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...