Monday, November 20, 2017

Honestly SO Blessed!

Last week we were able to teach 14 Member lessons right? Well you know that we have been blessed because this week we have found...
Rex - (Potential Investigator) we street contacted him and we got to share like the whole restoration with him, Joseph Smith vision and everything, he has a Book of Mormon and we extended the challenge for him to read it.

Decorating cookies at Activity Day's with the primary girls!

Kim - (Investigator) I have felt that we needed to go to this area that I don't even know if it has been tracted before... So Friday morning we head up, this hill was nuts, like walking bikes nuts steep... we knocked the doors until we got to the top, we usually don't knock on doors that are open (haha) so we started turning around and SHE walks out. I flip back around and excitedly say "HELLO!" I think I scared her a bit (oh well). She came over to her fence and began talking with us, she told us she had just come out of prison and that she is really trying to fix her life up. She asked if we were Jehovah's Witnesses and we said NOPE... (thank goodness). She also asked if we were a cult... also no (THANK GOODNESS). We go on and talk about bits and pieces of every discussion.She invites us and and we had a really nice talk (she kinda has the gift of gab) but we love her! She said that it is amazing that we made our way up there, she said when she saw us she had a super warm feeling, and told us she wants us to come back. We gave her a Book of Mormon and told her we would be back.

John - (Investigator?) Came out of his house before we even knocked, he was carrying tires up to his truck and he told us not to pick them up because it will get our dresses dirty. I don't even blink and go pick up the tires. When we get to the truck he turns around and sees me carrying the tire and he is like "oh umm thanks". We tell him who we are and what we teach and he said he is actually interested but they are headed out the door, he told us to come back this next Saturday.

Sharing some scriptures

Beverly - (Potential Investigator) We were knocking on doors to an apartment building I didn't even know existed (also in the area that I don't think has been tracted in some time) she opened the door and straight away invited us in. She talked about her husband and how he has been going to a different church, and then we just talked. We tried to talk about what we teach but she also has the gift of gab as well. Super sweet lady though. We will be back, we gave her our number and told her to call if she ever needs anything.

With the Elders having Root Beer Floats

Mike + Jan - (Referral/Potential Investigator) A Brother in our ward, gave us this referral after Mike spoke at the cub scouts activity about "Divine Intervention" We called him and he said, I have been waiting for you to call! We were so excited.

This week has been full of miracles. Truly no effort is wasted, hard work pays off, and 100% blessed, AND I FINISHED THE BOOK OF MORMON! I was so excited because now I get to start over!
I feel so overjoyed. The mission has been hard because we haven't had many people to teach. Once we focused on just teaching the lessons and gaining the trust of the members even more, the blessings came pouring in. My email finally sounds like a mission. I am so grateful for this opportunity. Last week Heavenly Father was preparing US to meet all these people.

PUPPIES!

Sunday was so amazing and the spirit was VIVID. While we were sitting in Relief Society our teacher decided to have a panel discussion and invited 4 converts (including herself) to talk about and answer questions. Well moral of the story and recent convert of about a year now, broke into tears and told us that she feel so lost but she knows it is the right thing. She is having a hard time right now, then the rest of the class was, advice and how we can help her. It was SO powerful, the spirit and the love that was felt in that room. I guess I was overwhelmed because I had a complete break down. Sister Bishop (seriously one of my favorite ladies) came up to me and just hugged me until I calmed down a bit. She really helped at that moment. I was so worked up.

Crazy cat lady

All in all this week was amazing with a lot of emotions. I would like to end with a Scripture I came across the other day...
Moroni 8:3
"I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end."

Ok well I have to go! We are going to prepare turkeys and then use their insides to go fishing at a members house! So next weeks pictures should be fun! Love you so very much and hope everything is going well! LOOOOOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU!!

LOVE YOU ALL!
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...