Monday, November 27, 2017

"Big Al's Gutting Services"

Well I couldn't believe that some of this stuff happened this week. This week has been pretty dang long, but at the same time I can't believe it is over... So MONDAY WAS SO FUN! So we left a little early after emailing and went to the Chornis' (members in the ward) to prepare some turkeys. This was a REALLY cool experience for me and I am opening a business when I get home called, "Big Al's Gutting Services". It was fun. Here is the process...
1. Walk the turkey out of the pen
2. put twine around the head and stuff it in a bucket
3. Brady came over with his sword and chopped the head, which made the turkey reflexes go nuts and blood was squirting everywhere.
4. Put the turkey in scalding water




5. Pluck
6. Gut! Including: Intestines, gizzard, heart, liver, lungs, voice box thing, stomach, then you get to hammer its neck off.




It was just a good learning experience and now I am ready for Armageddon. You are welcome Mom and Dad.

That night we traveled to Stockton for Exchanges! Obviously I was PUMPED to see Sister Valgardson again, and it was a lot of fun to see her again. Then the next day I figured out we would be on exchanges together along with Sister Anderson! We were pumped.

So good to see Sister Valgardson!

We went to Delta College to just get some street contacting in and I am still not super good at this because there isn't that much of it in the little town of Ione. But it was my turn to approach and start the conversation. We go up to this guy and I say hi and he doesn't hear because he has ear plugs in. Well I bend down and get myself in his view and wave, he takes his ear plugs out and says hi. Well moral is that he invited us to sit down on the bench and we just start talking about the Gospel, give him a Book of Mormon and #princeofpeace card and set a return appointment with him. HE WAS AWESOME! Then that night we knocked doors after dinner in this area and found two other potential investigators! YAYYAYAYA!


The Kicker Krew
District Meeting was changed to Wednesday so we had all day on Thursday in our area. After District Meeting we went to meet Mike and Jan. We had a really nice uplifting conversation and covered a lot of ground. After we went back to Jackson to do some training on the computer and figured out that they are BARELY out of our ward boundaries and have to give them to the Jackson Elders... Bummer but at least they are getting taught right?

THANKSGIVING!!! Thanksgiving was hard. Not gonna lie. I was missing my family traditions, we were supposed to be tracting and a lot of the people that answered the door were cooking and not really wanting to hear what we had to say. So that was a little hard, but then we had Lunch/dinner and that was fun, and YUMMY! Then we left to go make a cake for our investigator that wasn't really having a Thanksgiving... She made my whole day and I was just so happy after we left there.

Then GUESS WHAT we got to play VOLLEYBALL!! ON THANKSGIVING! That was so fun. This group of people came to play basketball so we invited them to play Volleyball with us and it was just a hoot. Apparently there was a ton of less actives and some non members there and after (as usual) we shared a message including THE NEW #LIGHTTHEWORLD VIDEO! It was awesome! So thanksgiving started off hard, but ended AMAZING! I really challenge all of you to take the #lighttheworld video to your heart. Share it with everyone and as many people as you can. It is amazing.

Transfers are next week! So make the most of this time, right!?

HOPE THANKSGIVING WAS AMAZING FOR EVERYONE!

Sister Hansen

Email me at: anhansen@myldsmail.net


No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...