Monday, December 4, 2017

Transfers: I will be leaving the land that I love

I don't have A LOT of time but here is the run down of our week...




[Tuesday]
We met with Kim with Sister G and covered a lot of ground again. She is SUPER nervous about church so we decided to pick her up the next day and give her a church tour! That night we had dinner with the Hoyt Sr.'s in Camanche. THEIR HORSE WAS SO CUTE. **First time on my mission I got to pet a horse, I almost cried because I was so happy**


[Wednesday]
CHURCH TOUR! Oh my goodness this went SO well. Kim loved it. The G's and Sister Busi came and everyone had such great input and we were able to share, ALL of the Plan of Salvation and ALL of the Gospel of Jesus Christ with her. Again we covered A LOT of ground. She loved the Primary room, (she has a son that is nine years old) she walked in and saw all the pictures of the children and just started to cry. That night we had dinner with E, a former investigator and shared #lighttheworld with her. She really enjoyed it.


[Thursday]
We dropped off a HUGE bible at Kim's house with "Footprints in the Sand" and a Plan of Salvation pamphlet in it. We also marked up the Gethsemane scriptures because she really loved this story.


[Friday]
We helped the Jackson Elders move out of their apartment and into their new apartment! That was a lot of fun! Their place is pretty nice, and they don't call us "The Hills" for nothing! Our dinner was awesome! We had dinner with Sister Bishop again one of my favorite people in the ward :D THEY KNOW WHO THE BAR J WRANGLERS ARE!


[Saturday]
We had a lot of fun! That morning we both felt like we needed to do some service, so we called up some youth and others in the ward and picked up some rakes and went around and raked leaves for people and then gave them #lighttheworld cards. It was an awesome opportunity to spread that word especially right here in Ione. That night we helped set up and get everything started for the CHRISTMAS PARTY! Kim and her son came to the party and REALLY enjoyed it, especially the program. Everyone was so nice to her and welcoming. I was almost brought to tears all night looking around at the goodness of this ward and these people. This ward BLOWS ME AWAY.


[Sunday]
What an emotional day! Fast and testimony meeting was so nice. I started and ended on a testimony meeting in this area. We got to watch a special video segment for light the world our 3 hour and get everyone pumped for that. We had dinner with the Hoyt's and watched the Christmas Devotional, which was AWESOME! Then Transfer calls.


[Transfers]
Yes the rumors are true, I will be leaving the land that I love. Ione has my heart. The people here have 100% changed my life. I will be finishing training someone in Tracy! I have only heard good things about this area so far and I am excited for this new adventure with the people of Tracy. Although it will/has been so hard to leave all these friendships and relationships I have made here, it isn't going to be forever, I WILL BE BACK!


Reading assignment: one of my favorite stories right now is in Luke 2:40-52 when Jesus is teaching in the temple. LOVE!


Have a wonderful week! I love you so so so much and can't wait to skype!


Sister Pam passed away peacefully and Spiritually on Sunday morning, November 26th. I cannot explain how grateful I am to this family for completely changing my life, the spirit you could feel just walking into the home was astounding. It is truly a blessing to know that she is peaceful and that her spirit dwells among the others in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...