Monday, November 6, 2017

New companion is: Sister Draper!

Well I am going to start off with saying that it was a very emotional transfer. Sister Valgardson and I because Best Friends and it was very hard to see her leave the people of Ione and even harder to see the people of Ione say goodbye to someone that has completely changed their lives. But it is time for others to have their lives changed by a complete angel. Stockton WATCH OUT!

Had to break her in, SISTER DRAPER AND I JUMPING FOR JOY!
As for me in Ione, Tuesday morning/afternoon I figured out who my new companion is! Sister Draper!! She is from San Ramon California (which is about an hour and a half away from here).

Cantrells from Sister Valgardsen's farewell tour
Ok anyway, so this week has been crazy, Daylight savings, rain, cold, re-meeting everyone. It has been super fun for me to bring her around town and to introduce her to the ward and other things that we do here. Yes the work is slow but we have started making appointments with the members to teach the missionary discussions in their homes and having them pretend they are investigators. It has helped so much getting the practice and then feedback from the members. We have already improved so much! I LOVE MORMONS! The day after Sister Draper got here our ward had a talent/variety show and they asked us really last minute to do something, so we sang a hymn and YES Sister Draper can sing! Woohoo! She is shy right now but she is warming up and YOU ALL KNOW ME!! I AM NOT SHY AT ALL!! WOOWOWOWOWOWOWOW. Maybe I'll learn to chill from her, MAYBE NOT.

Johnsons from Sister Valgardsen's farewell tour

Throughout this week, I have already been able to feel a change in my heart, I just want to keep improving and learning and setting that good example for Sister Draper. I have REALLY found comfort in the Book of Mormon and prayer. I know that whatever I am feeling, nervous, scared, sick, stressed, excited, happy, etc. that I can always find that comfort through the primary answers that we have learned out whole lives --read the scriptures and pray.

Fowlers... Some of them
Dang I know that this Gospel is true and there is NO WHERE else I would rather be then here. I am so excited to keep on this journey and I love Ione so much!



Ending again with my favorite quote from Bethany Hamilton... "I don't need easy, I just need possible."


Love ya all

dinner after the adult session! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...