Monday, April 16, 2018

CHIN UP AND CHARGE THE MOUNTAIN

WHAT. A. WEEK.

Alright people, this week was wild. everything about it, and I honestly can't even believe it has only been a week. We are so overwhelmed with all the work we have to organize between the 8th ward and the 10th ward. We have been so busy with moving in and organizing dinners and all that other stuff. Just when I thought I was going to have a break down because of all the stress, Sunday came.

My new companions: Sister Peterson, Sister Eliason and Me!
For all those who have been on missions Sundays are a day that we, as missionaries, all look forward too. To sit and listen to the prelude music, sing hymns with the congregation and the people we love, partake of the sacrament and renew our covenants with our Heavenly Father, listen to the speakers and be spiritually fed with wonderful news and further knowledge about this wonderful Gospel we have been privileged to be a part of. Well, this particular Sunday was very stand out. In Ward Council we had a very nice discussion about how to prevent abuse in the homes. It amazed me that the church is time and time again taking the bigger step, what a good look we must have to cover this and be so concerned about the Family. I was reading a Conference talk from April 2013 (We can do that now with smartphones ❤😍) A talk by Elder L. Whitney Clayton he said "Humility means that both husbands and wives seek to bless, help, and lift each other, putting the other first in every decision." This is only one of many references that apostles and prophets and not to mention our Father above have mentioned about families and the respect we should have for each other at all times. May we all "Cleave" unto this Gospel and families and not let go.

Sister Eliason and me sporting our awesome helmets!
Whoops went on a tangent... anyways back to church. So there was a missionary homecoming this last week and she honestly changed my mission, and my life. She spoke about her mission in a way that was just amazing to me. She cherished the miracles that she was able to take part of and expressed her appreciation for the spirit directing her to decide to go on a mission, if she wouldn't have listened she wouldn't have been able to take part in anything that she cherished so dearly. It made me think, "That is what I want". She also talked about the Atonement like I have never heard and it just opened a whole new eye to the gift that we have been given. Wow, she was amazing.

The rest of church was wild because we had to go to both wards, ward councils and so forth. BUSY BUSY BUSY.

I am grateful for this wonderful opportunity to serve. I have been very blessed.

Met up with one of my favorite families from my first area. Love these people!

Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...