Monday, June 11, 2018

Miracles

The mission is hard. Each missionary has their highs and lows. I can honestly say that after a while of being in my "low" this last week has been quite the "high".

2 Nephi 31:19-21 -  Press forward with steadfastness in Christ...

Obviously I have not been the best at emailing lately so hopefully this email makes up for it. A couple weeks ago we were riding our bikes to go contact some more referrals. My whole mission I have struggled with street contacting. It has always been so hard for me to just push on the brakes of my bike, get off my bike on occasion, and pick up a conversation with a complete stranger. This particular morning I was leading and saw this lady walking the same way we were biking, may I add on a semi busy street. For a second I was just going to keep going like the worst missionary but got a HUGE feeling I really needed to stop for this lady. We stopped and introduced ourselves and she followed with "Yes I am a member from my country". She told us that she was a relief society president in the Philippines. We didn't talk much because she was on her way to the bus stop, but we did get her number and her address, and GET THIS she lives in our apartment complex!


Me and Sister Rose!

TO DAD: this member family for dinner made PHILLY CHEESE STEAK



A couple weeks ago our investigator, "M", expressed her want to discuss some things with President Palmer, just things that she would like to talk to someone about. Her best friend who happens to be a Member of our church recommended she goes straight to the source. (kinda sorta made us mad but whatever). So President Palmer being the wonderful man that he is agreed to meet with her and that happened this last week. We biked there to give us enough time to be 30 minutes early, SO we could be there before President Palmer. We show up and guess who is waiting for us... yes President Palmer. But it was ok because he said that his appointment got out early so he got to be here earlier. We had the opportunity to just sit and talk with President and Sister Palmer while we waited for "M" to get there. I truly consider this a tender mercy. President and Sister Palmer have truly changed my life and I don't even like to imagine my mission without them. It is coming too quickly. I am so glad that we got this time to talk with them privately before leaving their mission. I know that we still have interviews and zone conference and "M's" baptism to see them, but just a casual sit down with them was so nice. "M" arrived and President and her went into a room to talk. They were in there for about 45 minutes. While they were talking Sister Palmer, Sister Petersen, and I just talked about life and missions and Sister Palmer told us that she is getting stuff ready to move and finish her mission. I love them so much. President and "M" came out and President talked to us for a bit. He loves her and said that "It was the best convert prayer he has EVER heard, hands down." It was a very positive meeting and she is ready for baptism. President Palmer told us that we need to stop being so hard on ourselves and recognize that others have taught her to prepare her for us teaching her.

Car show with our investigator family
Later that night we got a text from the lady we street contacted and she said "It uplifts my spirit. Thank you sisters our meeting has a purpose. Heavenly Father wants his children back thank you so much." Bishop and a member of the Elder Quorum presidency, Brother H went over to her home to visit her and give her a blessing she requested. She was so appreciative, it really touched my heart. We called Brother H and he explained how amazing it was, and Bishop texted us and said "You were without a doubt led to her". It has been such a humbling experience this week, being used as an instrument. We are very grateful.

My dress after a full day of biking
Ninja Sister Hansen

























We are glad that we have been pulled out of this rut we have been sitting in. I took a picture of me with my name tag and I want to express my love for this work. I am truly privileged to be serving here at this time. To be a disciple and representative of the Lord. Sister Hansen... It is still surreal to me that I am here. I have appreciated the time that I have here to serve, to learn, grow, teach, and meet all these wonderful people that I have seriously fallen in Love with. Thanks for all the love and support from back home, and prayers. I am grateful for all of you!

Sister Hansen

Me with my beloved name tag

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...