Monday, July 9, 2018

Goodbye Modesto Mission. Hello Fresno Mission.

Alright so It freaks me out how fast this week went by. Like one day it was Tuesday then now I am writing another email. The days are going by way too fast, the weeks are going by faster, and I wish I could just pause and enjoy the view for a moment. I still have those days I get on my bike or walk around and think to myself "WOW... I am a missionary." I really am so privileged.


Now let's talk the talk shall we? Ok, so on Tuesday I got aquainted with a man in the 8th Ward whose job makes it so he can't attend very often. His name is Brother "B." HE IS THE COOLEST GUY. EVER. He has been in the army for years and I'm talking like THE ARMY. Like he was a fighter. We talked about it a lot and he taught us some basic self defense, we talked about my fantasy dream of going into the military and actually made me consider it! But then shortly after I talked myself out of it because I can't do that to my family. Long story short, this guy is AWESOME! We told him that I was speaking in church on Sunday and he told us he would be there! He said "guess what that's me committing to be there." We were PUMPED. But then he didn't show up so that's sad, we will beat him up the next time we see him, (jk he could totally kill me, "I killed a man with DIS THUMB" but he wouldn't lol).



HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!! If you know me, ypu know that this is my favorite holiday, and to say the least I sort of missed wearing jeans and decking myself out, parades, music, etc. BUT we did have A LOT of fun! We actually had a short exchange with our Sister Training Leaders in Turlock! Our Sister Training Leaders this transfer are Hermanas Malmstrom (one of my Davis Darts!) and Agler. It was so much fun, and it was my first Spanish exchange! I was with Hermana Agler and it was so cool to be at a door and them to say they don't speak English (which I would guess 75% of them do) then Hermana Agler basically giving the whole first lesson in Spanish. SO COOL. I WANT TO LEARN SPANISH. We stayed with them until about 3:00 then headed back to good ole Modesto. That night we headed to one of my favorite families in the 10th ward, the "R"s! We had a bbq, we played a little bit of catch phrase, then watched a few fireworks, then headed home! Luckily we are on the 3rd floor of our apartment building so we put chairs out on the deck and watched fireworks for a while, super relaxing. Needless to say, the Fourth is still my favorite holiday.



DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!!! Thursday we met our new mission President and his wife: President and Sister Mackay (mack-ee). Wowowowowow, this is definitely going to be an adjustment. Not because one or the other is bad or negative, just because they are different. Kinda like President Monson and Nelson... both wonderful! But different. President Mackay is SO fun and he has a lot of trust in his missionaries. He has a great outlook on missionary work and I am seriously so excited to get to know him. It'll be Great! The mission home is about 2 hours from Modesto now haha... but we won't really ever have to go there so that's good. Transfers are on the 24 of this month. And GUESS WHAT!? My whole mission I have been dying and trying everything to be able to go to the temple, well now we are in the Fresno mission, the Fresno temple is in our mission boundaries and we get to go at the end of this month!! I am so excited it is not even funny... We get to go to the temple every 3 transfers with our Zone. Literally makes me so happy. President Mackay closed the meeting by saying "let's get out and work, and have fun with it!" ❤

Goodbye Modesto Mission, Hello Fresno Mission

Saturday we had an unplanned lesson with an investigator we haven't seen in quite some time. We just went by to see if he was home and he was mowing the lawn in the front! So we stopped him and he ran in and got lemonade and we sat under the tree and taught a lesson. He asks really great questions and is sincere about wanting to know more. Well the church is literally across the street from his house so we texted some people and ended up having a church tour with him! After the tour he said... "I'm gonna come tomorrow. There isn't anything holding me back". Sadly he didn't come either... ERG!

These are the Modesto missionaries transferring into the Fresno Mission (the others went to Sacramento)

Sunday we had a BUSY day! We sang in the choir in 10th ward, I spoke on Family History in 8th ward, we met and helped a lady move, we had dinner with another one of my favorites, (Alright I have a lot of favorites) the "Ws" and the "Ss", then had a lesson directly after with "N". May I just say that me and teaching haven't really been working well together lately. It's actually quite frustrating! I have things I want to say but when I open my mouth it sounds like garbage. This lesson I have been thinking about all week and I think it helped. For the first time in a while I really felt the Spirit speak through me and the conversation was completely guided by the spirit. It went very well. Sister Petersen and I were unified and taught the lesson very balanced and everyone participated. It was so refreshing and I am so grateful for the spirit.

It was actually a lesson for me as well. Yes the spirit cannot dwell in unholy places, I wouldn't consider myself in an unholy place, but I would consider myself not fully focused and pure in heart. It still amazes me that something so perfect would dwell in such imperfect bodies. I'm grateful for God's Plan and his mercy, that I was able to have the spirit with me that day, and in that lesson. I love this Gospel, I love my Savior, and I am grateful for this time to serve him.

Love,
Sister Hansen

Ps. Zone Conference tomorrow in Merced! We get to meet one zone in the Fresno mission!

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...