Monday, August 27, 2018

A Boot to our Back

Our Area Authority came for a Mission Tour this week! It was A-MAZE-ING. I still don't REALLY know why I am a Sister Training Leader but I saw a little bit of the fruit this last week when all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders got to meet with Elder Whiting for a meeting. He shared a lot of information with us, and we basically got a spiritual chastisement.

Zone conference

Elder Whiting told us that he was wearing a suit coat because there was a big boot print on his back from the First Presidency to push missionary work in the areas. He told us by the time he was done with us that we would have one as well. He gave it to us straight that's for sure. The First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve have said that "We need more convert Baptisms". He put it straight and said "Until everyone in the California Fresno Mission boundaries is baptized and keeping on the covenant path, there is still more work to do." No pressure, Right? At some points in the meeting I felt almost inadequate. But that is exactly what our enemy wants us to feel. I tried to push it out.

After he finished giving us instruction, President Mackay lead a discussion. We discussed our October baptism goal. (This is really cool for me to be a part of, even if I am just listening) Well we went back and forth about things and really covered a lot of ground. We decided to have our goal stay the same. Being a part of MLC (Mission Leadership Counsel)  has been a blessing for me and has been extremely uplifting. We all knelt to pray to ask God if this is what we needed to do and if our goal will matched with His. As he prayed I felt something that I have never felt before. Yes, I have felt the spirit time and time again. But as we stood I felt the "BURNING IN THE BOSOM" just as people talk about. President Mackay asked, "Well, how does everyone feel". At this point I felt like I could barf right into the circle of missionaries (that would have been a fun story for ALL THE MISSIONARIES TO TELL). Well I raised my hand and said "When Elder Ennis (The Elder that prayed) said we desire for our goal to stay the same, the words of Elder Whiting came into my head which was "WE NEED MORE", I think we need to change our goal." After I said that 4-5 other missionaries raised their hands and said they agree. Elder James (one of our Zone Leaders) proposed a goal and another Elder raised his hand and said that the spirit confirmed to him that, that was what we were supposed to do. I felt the same thing.... I share this experience because the spirit was so strong it felt like you could just grab it and put it in your pocket. So yes an amazing meeting occurred.

Our MLC was lucky enough because we had that meeting with Elder Whiting and we also had Zone conference that week with him as well. So we got EXTRA. It was so cool to see him form a whole training on the needs of the mission that we discussed in our meeting 2 days before. Watching him allow the spirit to unfold his thoughts was quite admirable.


Here are some other things that really touched my heart...
-I liked how often "Urgent" was said in the meetings and how quickly everything is happening. If you think about time, it really does go so fast. I can't believe that I am on the hind end of my mission. Elder Whiting helped me remember my purpose of being a missionary and how important it is to use time to it's fullest.

Sister Minaker, a member and ME!

- I loved the emphasis on the Book of Mormon. I really have been diving into the Book of Mormon lately. I am one of those missionaries that struggled with studying and even reading scriptures before the mission and since being here I LOVE my study time and it is very important to me.

- Last thing. When he invited us to "become men and woman of Revelation". That is another thing that I have been working on a lot since General Conference, and found that I am not very good at it. I want to be, but it comes in different levels and comes in different ways. He talked about how people feel the spirit as "burning", "chills", "warm", "comfort", etc. Well the spirit comes in different sizes and shapes just for me alone. I have had a couple experiences on my mission that I know for sure that the spirit directed it step by step and word for word. It is an amazing tool.

I hope everyone has an amazing week! SURE DO LOVE YA!
Love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...