Monday, August 20, 2018

Rough in between the Miracles

I don't know how to fully describe how amazing this week was. Completely full of miracles. And it actually started off really rough and was rough in between the miracles, but God blesses you when you work through your trials. I have felt the power of forgiveness this week, not only for the person but the opportunity God gave me to forgive and have that relief. He granted me strength to talk about my challenges and blessed us with agreement to be better as a companionship.

This is the real deal

I have been realizing more and more how much I really do love these people. I will leave a home and almost feel like an emptiness that can only be filled when I am with the members or people we are teaching. I am coming down to about 4 months, and it hurts my brain because obviously I know I want to go home and there are things needed at home, but it hurts thinking that I will be leaving these people. I don't know. Before my mission when people said they had to drag their son or daughter off the plane... probably won't be me but pretty close.

On Sunday I surprised myself with all of the emotions that I was feeling. A certain topic got brought up in ward council and I had to step out because I couldn't hold it together. A story was shared in Sacrament that was totally relate-able to exactly what I was going through and was so grateful it was shared because I couldn't explain in words the gratitude I have had on my mission. But that is where the story came in. My mission in a few words "Has given me flight". I realize that I have become someone that I have strived to be, although there is a lot of fine tuning and lifetime correction to go, I am a couple steps closer than I was.

My picture wall is expanding!

Yes it is so hard and there are days that I have absolutely no desire to continue, but God time and time again grants me strength to push through and I am able to look back standing a little taller.
God is aware of us all. I am grateful for our hard weeks, I am grateful for our shortcomings and weaknesses. I am grateful for the sacrament that builds us up for the next week. I am beyond grateful for the mission all together.

Exchanges

I love this church and it is TRUE.

Alright so here are some specifics and details...

"P": This is someone that Sister Minaker and Hermana Shelton found while we were on Exchanges. We have had two lessons with him and have another in the making. He can talk. A LOT. But everything we tell him he agrees and believes. He knows the Book of Mormon is true and he was blown away when we told him we have a Latter- Day Prophet, WHO SKIES. I don't know exactly what it is going to take to get him to church though because he has some health worries. WE know that the Lord will bless him for his efforts though.




After reading a provided inspirational article for missionary work, going into this one investigator was really hard for me. I have known/gone to visit her since I have been in Modesto (which is about 6 months now). I felt that if this appointment doesn't go anywhere or if she doesn't keep commitments or whatever else then we were going to have to drop her. This was already breaking my heart because you just grow to love these people so much. As we were sitting there listening to her, a line in the article came into my mind... "We are Harvesters". In the article it explains using your time wisely and I was almost feeling like she was not the best use of our time. As soon as I started contemplating how I should tell her that if she wasn't going to keep commitments then we were not going to keep coming over. Just as I was about to open my mouth, she says "What time is your church? I think I will come this week." I LITERALLY started to cry, right there in her house. I was blown away. Although something came up with family and she wasn't able to make it, we will try again this week, and that is what will be the final straw.

"N": I don't remember if I have already said this but his baptismal date got moved back to September 29th. (Just a reminder, Transfers are September 4th). I was devastated but I know that God has this one under his collar. He is so awesome and he will make it.

Everything else is going well. Some people struggle if they stay in an area too long, they say they have tried everything and done all they can do, but I really feel like there is plenty of work to be done. I don't know what is going to happen this transfer... NO IDEA.

Sure do Love you all!

Sister Hansen

This is how we recorded our Facebook video

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...