Monday, January 29, 2018

MY HANDS WERE NUMB AND RED AND COLD

This week feels like it has been forever long. But here we go. I went to church on Sunday and that was sooooo good. The spirit was so strong:) It was a regional Stake conference, but the best part of this week was District meeting which was held by Elder Stock and Wade!! Probably the best District meeting that I have had on my mission. Great missionaries that's for sure.

Ok now on to the real stuff...
Wednesday we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders in Manteca let me just say THIS WAS SO HARD. Exchanges are hard. But we always leave learning A LOT! We literally did finding THE WHOLE TIME. IN THE RAIN. WE WERE SO COLD. MY HANDS WERE NUMB AND RED AND COLD. I was so bitter about it and I was literally praying THE whole time. We were getting no success and people were not being SUPER nice to us. I prayed that we would just run into someone or knock on someone's door that would be nice to us, it was already like 8:30 at night and just reminding you, raining and cold and dark and cold and raining. I literally prayed "Prove me wrong that we could find someone". We knock on this door at 8:40 or so and a man opened the door that was not interested but he had Mormon friends and he was asking us a lot of questions. Let me tell you this man was the answer to my prayer, he was so kind and get this... when we left he asked if he could leave us a prayer. This prayer was literally exactly what I needed and it was one of the best experiences for me. I am very grateful.

SOAKED!

I am VERY sad because both my necklaces (Bird and Bike) BROKE! What the heck I was ticked. The bike must have broke when we were biking or something because I could only find the chain, the bike was GONE. I was so sad.

Sister Bustos and me with the STL's

In Presidents letter this last week, I read it at a time when it was very relevant to me. Here is the last paragraph Take it as you will but it really touched my heart...
"So whenever our heart is heavy or troubled and life seems over-burdened by worldly distractions, difficult companions, discouraging news from home, or disappointment resulting from investigators not keeping commitments or following guidance given by the Holy Ghost, may we never weary in serving the Savior. With even greater determination, let us “never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their souls” (Alma 37:34). Further, we must always remember that “Jesus never will forsake us…He will leave us never, never…so look upward in joy and take hold of His hand; He will lead (us) to heights that are new.”

One of our investigators is actually moving on Tuesday. He still has a desire to be taught and to be baptized it just won't be us teaching him. We wish him good luck in the new place though.

Until Next week! Love you all so much!
Sister Hansen

Email me at: anhansen@myldsmail.net
OR write me a letter!
Sister Allison Hansen
California Modesto Mission
4300 Dale Road
Modesto, CA 95356

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...