Monday, February 5, 2018

They call it Valley Fever

DANNNGGG this week has been wild. Let me give you a table of content so if you don't want to read the other stuff you don't have to...



1. Sister Bustos' kick butt analogy of the Gospel
2. Modesto Mission being dissolved details
3 Allergies and Migraines
4 Sunday night week moment

1. So we were talking to Justin before he moved and Sister Bustos gave him like an awesome analogy that I was like WOW I NEED TO PUT THAT IN THE EMAIL. She was talking about the blessings of getting baptized and going to the temple, this is what she said... "Our whole lives we live the free trial but once we go to the temple and take out our endowment we have the PREMIUM subscription to life and the Gospel." Isn't that awesome?! I loved it.



2. Alright, so Zone Conference was on Wednesday and that is when we figured out about the mission being dissolved. Let me just say. MANY TEARS WERE SHED. A lot of people/missionaries are confused and really scared. I really really was. I don't want them to separate all the missionaries, that is going to be so tough leaving those that aren't going to whichever mission I am going to be reassigned to. Well we don't know when we are going to know which mission we are going to but it will be by the end of June. President Palmer and Sister Palmer opened the mission and they will be closing it. Very sad. I was having a very hard time with it but that night when I was writing in my journal I truly believe that my hand was being guided by the spirit so I could write what I needed to hear. I went back and read through it and the whole journal entry was about trusting in the Lord. Well Saturday night we had dinner at the Stake Presidents house and he said, "You were called to serve a mission, and ASSIGNED to the Modesto mission." Which means assignments can change and it was something I really needed to hear. So yes very exciting news, definately take some getting used to.

Comp kicking back on the sidewalk

3. I was literally dying this week. FINALLY accepted the fact that I have allergies and took some stuff. I was in denial like all week, "I don't have allergies I promise!" I totally do, apparently they call it the valley fever here. So yeah I got it.

My new temple socks
4. Sunday night we went to one of my favorite homes the Klafkes and they were playing Phase 10... YES WE PLAYED OK!! Gosh, so worth it. This is an awesome family that can switch from fun and games to so spiritual. The message we got to leave with them was so awesome. We shared about the light of Christ and the power that it gives us. Also I am learning how to juggle thanks to Sister Klafke. She got us addicted and I ordered juggling balls, truly addicted.


Have an amazing week! I love all of you so very much!

Sister Hansen



No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...