Monday, January 8, 2018

Teaching discussions in my sleep

First off, Justin did not get baptized this last week, in his interview they decided that a little more time would be best. These guys (elders/district leaders/missionaries) are such inspired guys we appreciate them very much. Justin is doing VERY well and is still progressing towards baptism. It will happen he just needs a little more time. Sorry to get everyone all excited! 

Rainy Days. LITERALLY SOAKED

HAPPY NEW YEARS! We were lucky enough to be inside at 7:30 that night so we didn't have to get hit by drunk drivers, or blown up by fireworks... Very Grateful. I had a HUGE migraine that night, like while we were studying that night I had to turn off all the lights because my head was on fire. But everything was great, I actually got a ton of sleep that night like 10+ hours, very nice and I felt good the next morning so that was good. 

Sister Bustos trying to stay dry.

For the past couple weeks I have been sleep talking and sleep walking... not only that but I have been teaching missionary discussions in my sleep, LITERALLY WALKING AROUND THE ROOM KNOCKING ON DOORS. (I know this because my sweet companion told me so) Pretty funny just thought I would share. 

Last week my subject was strong, but my email was... terrible. (Sorry about that). Let me explain. In a district meeting Elder Hacking (District Leader) explained to us that we needed to "Wake Up". This lesson HIT ME SO HARD, and made me realize that I needed to wake up and start my mission, live the Gospel to its fullest, EMBRACE Christ. He told us that a lot of people think of themselves as a five gallon bucket trying to get as full as they could. "In reality we are the ocean, how many five gallon buckets can we put into the ocean without it overflowing?" The answer is we don't know... obviously, but it gave us a mental picture of HOW MUCH potential our Heavenly Father has in us. If only we could see a little glimpse of that. I was brought back to a thought, My wonderful trainer Sister Valgardson used to pray that we could "be the missionaries that thou knowest we can become." Heavenly Father knows, our job is to work hard enough to reach that. I invite all of us to recognize what keeps us asleep, what wakes us up, and what are we going to do about it? "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." (Matthew 5:16)

Sister Bustos and me

It was Stake Conference this last weekend and Elder Auna of the 70 was presiding. He spoke with such authority and power, but with such simplicity. He was an amazing man. Things that touched my heart...
-Instruct 
-Inspire 
-Invite to act
-As disciples of Jesus Christ, what can we do to improve how we "instruct and edify each other" in the Savior's way?
-Simplicity
"The Savior is the master of simplicity, the devil is the master of complexity."
- The Holy Ghost..
1) Teaches us
2) Brings to remembrance what we have learned
My goal in this life is to do what President Monson has simply said, "They live lives worth emulating"

Have an amazing week! Love you all!

Sister Hansen

anhansen@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...