Monday, February 26, 2018

I'm getting TRANSFERRED!

HEY EVERYBODY! You are not going to believe this but I am getting TRANSFERRED! To the smallest boundaries in the mission:) MODESTO 10th ward. More BIG news: I will be serving in a Trio! with...... *DRUM ROLL PLEASE* Sister Turnetti and SISTER ROSE! Yes that is right. My good ole MTC companion. I am BEYOND excited. Can you even handle anymore news? Sister Bustos will be serving in Manteca as a SISTER TRAINING LEADER! Dang this girl has changed my life and we have become best friends. My prayers go out to her and I am excited for her progression.

BLOSSOMS!!



Wow onto this week. We were meeting with a Less active Melchizedek priesthood holder and after the lesson he gave us a tour of his home. Pretty amazing! This family is our all time favorite family. We have a vacation planned out with them when we are both home from our missions. VEGAS BABY! They actually are moving there so the transfer isn't AS hard. I actually feel really good about this transfer. EXCEPT, we have found a new investigator and already just fallen in love with her, we just got a ball rolling and YANKED. That's alright everything happens for a reason. But we taught her an awesome lesson about the Plan of Salvation and she was very interested in the Families can be together forever thing, as well as the idea of being sealed to her parents, hopefully the Elders coming in will be able to grab that real quick.



Ok so I definitely learned how to juggle and guess what else I have learned to do?! WATER COLOR. The other night at a members house we ate pizza and painted. While we were painting we had an amazing gospel discussion. There is something about painting that is so relaxing. When you are relaxed you are more prone to the Spirit and it was definitely present. So that was a cool experience. I will send you pictures of some of my paintings.


      


Here is a scripture I have found solace in... 2 Kings 20:5 "I have heard thy prayers; I have seen thy tears; I will heal thee". No matter what we are going through the Lord's arm is ALWAYS reached out to us. WHATEVER we may be going through or how we are feeling. HE KNOWS. I have been studying a lot in Jesus the Christ and there is a section in it that is talking about "Relative Perfection" This is the section:
Relative Perfection.—Our Lord’s admonition to men to become perfect, even as the Father is perfect (Matthew 5:48) cannot rationally be construed otherwise than as implying the possibility of such achievement. Plainly, however, man cannot become perfect in mortality in the sense in which God is perfect as a supremely glorified Being. It is possible, though, for man to be perfect in his sphere in a sense analogous to that in which superior intelligences are perfect in their several spheres; yet the relative perfection of the lower is infinitely inferior to that of the higher. A college student in his freshman or sophomore year may be perfect as freshman or sophomore; his record may possibly be a hundred per cent on the scale of efficiency and achievement; yet the honors of the upper classman are beyond him, and the attainment of graduation is to him remote, but of assured possibility if he does but continue faithful and devoted to the end.


This has really brought me comfort. "Comparison is the thief of Joy." All this has just been ingrained in my head and is SOOO important. But the important part of it is that if we mess up THAT is what the atonement is for, we are always able to make it back. Each time we slip and make it back we become stronger. What a beautiful gift we have been given.

Brought back happy memories of being in Moonlight Serenade in High School!

Love you!
Sister Hansen


Email me at: anhansen@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...