Monday, March 26, 2018

10 seconds of Courage!

How is everyone doing? First off I want to apologize to those of you who email me and I don't get back to you. Here are my bad reasonings behind it... 1)There are a lot of things happening and needing to happen on Mondays. 2)I cannot focus enough to email for very long. 3)Bored of being on the computers for too long.... So now that I have cleared that up lets get on to this very exciting week!

I GOT TO HOLD A BIRD: Pretty cool experience because the owner was like, "Wow she was so good with You! Your so confident with her!" So pretty much I'm a bird whisperer.

We had exchanges! GUESS WHO IS MY SISTER TRAINING LEADER!? YUP SISTER BUSTOS! We got there and then we were assigned to our sister training leaders. Sister Rose went with Sister Bird. Sister Turinetti and I went with Sister Bustos! The exchange was awesome, so many experiences were brought to pass. Sister Bustos has grown so much and she is such an amazing missionary. She realizes that missionaries do awkward things and she just does all she can to spread the word. We actually talked to this guy that was just so shocked that we were there and that we stopped and were willing to answer his questions. After we talked with him for 45 min. and showed him a video about the Atonement he accepted that we could come back. Quite an amazing experience. Thanks Sister Bustos :)

Sister Turinetti, Sister Bustos, Me!
Awesome Yosemite mural on Yosemite Ave.

Ok I am running out of time yet again, but let me tell you about an experience I had this last week. So just a reminder... we have technology. Ok so the other night we were going to visit this referral that was given to us a while back. This would be the second time we had contacted her, the first time we saw her she answered the door and told us that she was going through a really rough time and that her husband had just passed away. She told us to come back on a Friday evening. Well the following Friday evening we tried her and there was no answer. So the other day we tried her again (this is maybe like a week and a half later). Well her daughter answered the door and told us pretty much the same thing, but that her mom wanted us to text her in advance. So we got her number and since then we have texted her. We said that we didn't want to pressure her into meeting with us but that we had a message that could really help her. We attached the #BecauseofHim video.

But guess what? That wasn't even the good part. As we left her house that night, there was this group of high school kids that were messing around in the cold-a-sac. First off let me tell you that talking to youth on the street is something we are counseled not to do, just because of legal complexities. Anyway, so Sister Turinetti and Sister Rose were updating the record of this referral and I had a REALLY strong prompting that we needed to go talk to those kids and share the same video with them. I told my companions "Hey!10 seconds of Courage. We are gonna go share the video with those kids." Well we walked up to them, actually I looked back and realized that I had walked so quickly that I was the only one that was ready to talk to them. Anyway I said "HEY we are missionaries and we are out sharing a video, we were wondering if we could share it with you all as well?" One kid YELLED at his friends and said "Hey we are watching a video" They were a little weird about it, you know, cause they are in high school, but then they were like super into the video. When it got over the spirit was so strong and they just started asking questions and stuff and we were able to testify about the restoration and the Book of Mormon and stuff. It was honestly amazing. I was so very grateful for that opportunity. "10 seconds of courage" is now our companionship motto. You never know whose life you can change.



Talk about "puppy dog eyes!"

Grateful for the amazing opportunities that are placed in front of me every single day to testify and share the gospel.

Don't forget! Missionaries are always grateful for letters! To be honest, if you want a personal response I am more likely to do it in a letter.

LOVE YOU ALL!

Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...