Monday, November 26, 2018

Down to the River to Pray

So this week in Gospel Principles we were teaching about the Post Mortal Spirit World and we got in there late cause someone was talking to us. We walk in and there are 6 ladies sitting in a circle waiting. Sooo we walked into a sort of weird conversation, which they continued for a while. (Missionaries just get to hear everything, nothing is held back just because "the missionaries are here") But! Here are some funny things that happened in our lesson...
A: "Spirit Paradise and Spirit Prison..."
B: "Sounds like High School to me."
A: "I think Satan uses the Media to twist people's brains about Zombies and people actual believe in this stuff..."
B: "Sounds like me on Fridays"
A: "The nurses who do mammograms don't have a sense of humor. When I went in there I said "I should get half off since I only have one" (she had breast cancer) The nurse didn't laugh and I was like "C'mon that's a good one!"

Ahhhhhh, got to love the old lady talk.

Now on to the week... so this week didn't work out for "K's" baptism. Not because she wasn't prepared but because everyone was out of town and there was going to be no support, all the options of people she wanted to baptize her were out of town for Thanksgiving weekend. So we have moved it to this Thursday! Fingers are crossed that everything will work out. Sorry I got everyone all riled up!

Livin' the dream!

Tuesday we were about to start our finding. We drove to the place we chose that morning and parked. I felt not bad but not good about the area we had chosen, so I voiced it. Sister Houghton said that she didn't really feel anything. Not good, not bad. So we decided to pray and choose another spot for the night. Once we chose we drove to that area and it felt way better. Vibes were goin'. We get out of the car and start knocking. Couple doors in we talk to this couple that we got to have a good conversation with. They had just had a break off in their church and they were on the board for the new one. We gave them an Articles of Faith card and they invited us back for Friday!

The next door we knocked they opened and man is talking to us and then his wife comes over and says we already know everything, our daughter married a "Mormon"... well we don't know EVERYTHING". They were Jews! So me not knowing a lot about their culture asked them about it, which caused them to open up and let us in. We ended up having a wonderful discussion on religion, God and the Plan of Salvation at their kitchen table with snacks and water. They ended up being so sweet and it would definitely be a home that we would go back to. She said that she very much enjoyed us coming over and talking to her. It opened her up completely. It was amazing seeing the miracles on this street that we didn't have in our plans.

Fall is in the air!

That night we told "K" that we were going to go over and help her clean her house. We really love her. When we got there she had bought pizza and we turned on Christmas music and just dusted, swept, cleaned cob webs, etc. Before she turned on the music she told us we needed to hear this song... it was Down to the River to Pray (I think that's what its called). Anyway she told us that she wants this playing at her baptism, especially when she is walking into the front. We all laughed. Sometimes she doesn't really understand how sacred the baptism is. Her last baptism was like swimsuit, quickie, dunk, and done, kinda thing. We are so excited for her. Stay tuned for more information.

THANKSGIVING!
So we had three Thanksgiving dinners and then sort of four when we went to another home for dessert (I didn't eat anything). So pretty much I still feel like I'm recuperating.

Transfers were this weekend. YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT. We pretty much already knew that we were going to be in a trio, but guess who our new companion is?? HERMANA BERRY!! We are going to be in a Zebra companionship (English and Spanish). Hermana Berry is my pal. We served together in Modesto. She is a baller (volleyball), so it'll all be ok. Grateful for this new opportunity. Excited to see how in the world we are going to fit three Sisters in that apartment, but if there is a will there is a way.
I hope everything went ok there! I'm super pumped that I will be spending the next Holiday with my family!!!
Have a good week!

Love,
Sister Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment

See you soon!!

Packing up and getting ready to head home Baptism! I'll be home very soon so I'm not emailing. Love you all! Sister Hansen ...